In beginning I was concerned but the entire experience was great!Janet
Knee Pain Specialist in Frisco
The most common complaint of joint pain is related to the knee. The knee joint is vital for our ability to move. Its main function is to bend and straighten, twist and rotate. While the knee relies on several bones, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to perform, the knee joint is often open to injury.
You don’t have to live with joint pain. Dr Haq and his Frisco pain team has the experience and expertise to properly diagnose and treat joint pain of the knee.
Knee Pain Facts
- Knee pain can be localized to a specific area of the knee
- Knee pain usually results in restricted mobility
- A thorough exam of the knee will usually establish the source of pain
- Pain management can offer non-surgical solutions for treating the pain
Knee Pain Symptoms
The severity of the joint pain may vary, from minor aches to disabling pain. Some symptoms that accompany joint pain in the knee are:
- Difficulty walking
- Limping due to discomfort
- Locking of the knee
- Inability to extend the knee without pain
- Shifting weight to the opposite leg when standing
If you cannot walk because of extreme pain or traumatic injury, please go to your nearest emergency department.
Knee Pain Treatment
Dr Haq will want to examine your knee to determine if you are a candidate for non-surgical treatment options. Based on the results of his examination, his team will recommend the best course of action to treat your knee pain with the goal of getting you back to your daily routines pain free!
We Are Accepting New Patients
Dr Haq is seeing new patients who are faced with joint pain in the knee. To schedule an appointment, please call our Frisco clinic at (214) 618-0853.